Grab your dog and join us for the Furry Scurry — tomorrow Saturday, May 1. The 17th Annual Furry Scurry, one of the largest national dog walks, will be at Washington Park in Denver Colorado.
Here are some of the details from the ddfl.org website:
The 17th annual Furry Scurry is Saturday. Are you ready for the fun? Here’s a breakdown of where to go, what to see and what time to be there on event day:
- 7 a.m.—Registration opens: You may pick up additional incentive items that you have earned in the registration area. Registration will be open until noon.
- 9 a.m.—The two-mile walk for animals begins. Line up at the start line, north of the Flealess Market.
- 9 a.m.—Meet the adoptable dogs. All of the adoptable dogs will be at the dog meet-up tent near the registration area every hour on the hour through noon.
- 9:45 a.m.—Demonstrations and contests begin. Participate in several contests with your dog or watch demonstrations by the Colorado Disc Dogs and Ruff Flyball groups.
- 11:30 a.m.—Join us at the Centennial Stage for the cake cutting celebrating the Dumb Friends League’s 100th anniversary.
There are many more fun things to do throughout the morning. Browse through the sponsor booths and pick up many great giveaways. Don’t forget your wallet so you can shop our Flealess Market to find unique items for you and your pet. You can also stop by our food vendors and grab something tasty to cure that early morning hunger!
If you are driving to the park, we have several parking lots reserved around the area. Parking is also available on side streets, where permitted.
Thank you for participating in the Furry Scurry. You are making a difference for so many homeless animals. See you Saturday!